Vastu is committed to conducting business in an environmentally responsible way, working diligently to conserve natural resources and
minimize waste. We work with manufacturers who share our high level
of commitment to the environment and sustainability. Many of the
products we offer are made with eco-friendly materials and
manufacturing processes. Just look for the leaf to
find our eco-friendly product offerings.
- Vastu offers GREENGUARD certified products, as well as furniture and
textiles that contribute to points for achieving LEED certification.
- Many of our manufacturers are leaders in responsible forest
management and are active members of the Forest Stewardship Council
- Natural, bio-based, high performance foam for seating is available.
The foam is manufactured with renewable resources, produced with a
virtually emission-free technology and contains organic, halogen-free
- We promote products made of recycled or sustainable materials – such
as recycled railroad ties and cork fabric.
- Manufacturers employ the anachronistic upholstery methods that do
not rely on glue adhesives, but encourage perpetual use and make
products easy to reupholster.
- Our wood products use a waterproof, solvent and formaldehyde-free,
PVA based glue and also formaldehyde-free, water based stains and
- Vastu offers an eco-friendly leather product called 'Eco-Life'
leather, which goes through a process of chrome-free tanning,
vegetable based retanning, water based, solvent and salt free
Please contact us for more details.